Yoga is an ancient practice that focuses on the connection between mind, body, and breath. The ultimate goal of yoga is to lead an individual to enlightenment or self-realization, which can then be used as a foundation for experiencing the world without ego. There are many different types and styles of yoga, with some based on physical postures called asanas. One such pose is Yoga Star Pose.
The following is a yoga star pose step by step guide;
To begin this pose, kneel on the ground. Rest your buttocks on the heels and face forward. Tilt the body forward until you can place your palms on the ground in between your feet. Your palms should be slightly in front of your toes, with arms fully extended, palms flat to the ground, and fingers spread out wide as if grasping for something.
Exhale as you make your way to the ground. Relax your hands and arms so that your elbows are resting on the ground. Face to the ground and relax your face, gently closing your eyes. Fingers should be pointing forward, with palms flat to the floor – gradually move towards a downward dog position by pressing your heels into the floor.
On an exhale, turn both of your upper arms so that they are facing upwards and back towards you. Your elbows should be by your ears, with forearms still flat to the ground.
Exhale again and lift your head from the floor, keeping your back straight. Next, lift your chest off the ground and look upwards. Elbows should be by your ears with hands clasped together or pointing towards the ceiling. If you are in a place where you cannot look at the ceiling, look in front of you to ensure that you are not straining your neck or spine.
Hold the pose and focus on your breathing, ensuring that you are inhaling fully and exhaling deeply. Once you are comfortable with the pose, you can start practicing this pose as a part of your daily routine.
Benefits of Yoga Star Pose
1) Yoga Star Pose helps to increase flexibility in the ankles, hips, and spine.
2) This pose stretches the shoulders, triceps, and chest muscles due to efforts of keeping the upper body raised from the floor.
3) Yoga Star Pose is a full-body stretch and can lead to increased blood flow and circulation.
4) It is perfect for relaxing before sleep or while enjoying quiet time as it quiets your mind and relaxes your body.
5) Regular practice of Yoga Star Pose can lead to increased energy and stamina levels.
6) Yoga Star Pose helps to tone your abdominal muscles.
7) This pose can help an individual to understand their balance and core strength.
8) As your flexibility increases, it can help you with a variety of other postures that you may want to try in your yoga routine.
Yoga star pose is a very calming and relaxing yoga pose that can help you during challenging times. It is a great way to calm your mind and focus on the present. Yoga star pose should be practiced regularly to reap all the benefits of a regular yoga routine.